The IC-6 HT features a mica-loaded polypropylene woofer cone, rubber surround, high-temperature voice coil, advanced computer optimized crossover, gold-plated heavy-duty connectors, and simple rotating clamp mounting.
- Mica-Loaded Polypropylene cone: Polypropylene has physical properties that make it ideal for loudspeaker drivers and consequently is found in many of the world’s finest loudspeakers. Its combination of stiffness and strength-to-weight ratio means that it results in a more precise and defined sound reproduction.
- Soft-dome tweeter: Another feature often found in the world’s finest loudspeakers. The low mass of treated cloth and its self-damping properties deliver more accurate sound with less distortion.
- Boundary compensation: This control adjusts the speaker’s sound to compensate for the presence or absence of upper bass/lower midrange reinforcement on the sound that is introduced by nearby walls (a “Boundary”).
- Adjustable tweeter: The tweeter in the Atlantic Technology 6 HT is “aimable,” so you can direct the sound towards the listening area when using them as front theater LCR speakers.
- Stable tweeter bridge mounting: The tweeters in our ceiling loudspeakers are mounted on an extremely stable bridge rather than on a central “pole” as found in conventional designs. This mounting method is less prone to resonance and vibration than a central pole tweeter mount, resulting in cleaner sound especially at high listening levels.