You wash your dishes and do your laundry with automated machines. Why should it be different for cleaning your floors? The more you can automate cleaning your house, the more time you’ll have on your hands to do the things you love. The fewer chores on your list the better.
The Best Robot Vacuums are an easy, effective way to keep not only your carpets clean, but all of your floors. When the technology was new, robotic vacuums were too expensive for most people. Today it’s a competitive field with a lot of great models that could be within your price range.
Here is a list of the top rated and reviewed robot vacuums to help you choose the best products for automating your home.
Best Robot Vacuum | Top 7
|Our Rank||Robot Vacuum||Multi-Room Navigation||Returns to Dock||Price|
|1||iRobot Roomba 650||Yes||Yes||$$$|
|3||Dyson 360 Eye||Yes||Yes||$$$$$|
|4||Bissel 1974 SmartClean||Yes||Yes||$$|
|6||ECOVACS DEEBOT N78||No||Yes||$$$|
|7||Eufy RoboVac 11||No||Yes||$$$$|
Who is this review for?
This review is for anyone looking to save some time on their housekeeping. It’s for anyone who would rather program a machine rather than messing with cords and pushing a noisy vacuum around.
Are you looking to replace your old vacuum cleaner? A robotic vacuum could be a great replacement. Many of them are priced pretty closely to their traditional counterparts. Do you know someone with a disability that makes vacuuming difficult? A robotic vacuum would be a perfect solution for them!
What to look for
Many of the vacuums you’re going to read about have a lot in common. Here are a few of the key features to consider when shopping for the best robotic vacuum for you.
- How does it clean? – Sucking up air sounds like an easy function, but vacuums go about this seemingly simple process quite differently. A common method is to penetrate the dirt, sweep it up with a motorized brush, and then suck it into a receptacle. Take a look at where the brushes are located. Is it’s possible for pet hair to get tangled up? Can it deep clean your carpet well enough for your needs? Some vacuums have minimal brushes and very strong suction to avoid tangling.
- How is it controlled? – There are a few different ways to control your robot vacuum. All of them have some sort of button (or buttons) on the unit. Many of them come with a proprietary remote control. Some even have mobile apps which is good if you’re worried about losing another remote.
- How does it look? – Aesthetics might not normally matter to you in a vacuum cleaner, but a robot vacuum is always visible. When it’s docked, a robot vacuum is a semi-permanent fixture in the room it’s in. It needs to look good! It’s worth looking for a stylish vacuum that will go well with the rest of the room.
Our Top Pick Robot Vacuums
1. Best Overall: iRobot Roomba 650
- iAdapt Navigation uses a full suite of sensors to navigate and adapt to your changing home
- 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates, brushes and suctions floors
- Conveniently schedule up to 7x per week, or just press CLEAN on the robot
- Automatically docks and recharges
- Automatically adjusts to all floor types – carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate & more
iRobot Roomba 650 Quick Review
Maybe the most recognized name in robot vacuums, iRobot’s most reasonably priced version of the Roomba lives up to its reputation. This big seller uses iAdapt Navigation. It’s a network of sensors working together to tell the vacuum where it needs to go and how to clean. It has a scheduling feature for up to seven times a week, or you can just push the “CLEAN” button and off it goes. When it’s done, it automatically docks and recharges. This Roomba isn’t just for carpet. It adapts to hardwood, tile, laminate, and just about any other flooring surface. Roomba’s patented 3-Stage Cleaning System agitates to loosen up dirt, brushes to sweep it up, and uses suction to get it out of the carpet. iRobot makes optional accessories to keep your Roomba running in tip top shape all the time.
2. ILIFE V3s
- Vacuuming sweeping dry mopping all in one, for entirely thoroughly cleaning.
- With pet hair care technology, focus on picking up hairs, dirt, debris.
- Low profile design to clean under beds, sofa where dirt hides
- Self-charging, programmable schedule, smart sensors for anti-bump, avoid dropping
- Ideal for hard wood floor.
- Easy operation with remote control, or auto clean all at one touch.
ILIFE V3s Quick Review
The ILIFE V3s is one of the best robot vacuums in its price range. It does exceptionally well for pet hair. Designed specifically with pets in mind, it has four different cleaning modes; auto clean, spot clean, edge clean, and schedule clean. It has a scheduling feature, but it’s a little less sophisticated than the Roomba. Auto clean does just that, automatically senses the room and does a nice, even cleaning. Spot clean is for one concentrated area with a lot of debris like pet hair. Edge clean really gets into the corners where it can normally be difficult to clean. It also has the option of remote control operation.
3. Dyson 360 Eye
- Twice the suction of any robot Vacuum – The Dyson digital motor V2 is small and light to generate powerful suction.
- The 360 eye vision system can see all around your room at once to intelligently map out and navigate your home. It calculates a systematic cleaning pattern so it knows where it’s been and where it’s yet to clean.
- The Dyson link app, available on iOS or android, gives you the ability to control, schedule, and analyze data from your Dyson 360 Eye robot.
- Radial Root cyclone technology separates dirt and dust, to make sure what is sucked up is kept in the bin.
- A full-width brush bar provides maximum floor coverage and edge-to-edge cleaning across hard floors and carpets with nylon and carbon fiber bristles.
Dyson 360 Eye Quick Review
The 360 Eye is a robotic vacuum with the sophisticated, high-tech features you’d expect from Dyson. Unfortunately, that also means it comes with the price tag you’d expect from Dyson. The 360 Eye claims to have twice the suction of any robot vacuum, thanks to its digital V2 motor. It uses Radial Root cyclone technology to separate dirt and dust. One thing that really sets this one apart from the competition is the continuous tank tracks. It moves itself on little tank tracks that ensure it can climb over any rugs or bumps in the floor to ensure it keeps cleaning. The Dyson mobile app makes scheduling and controlling the 360 Eye a breeze. While the price is hard to justify considering how good low and mid-range robot vacuums have gotten, the Dyson is certainly one of the best robot vacuums out there.
4. Bissel 1974 SmartClean
- Triple action cleaning system: dual edge brushes, brushroll and powerful suction pick up dirt, pet hair and debris, even along edges & in corners
- Lithium Ion battery: lasting, powerful, hands-free cleaning with up to 80 minutes runtime on hard surfaces
- Multi-surface adaptability: self-adjusts to easily cover carpet, hard floors, tile, and laminate
- Convenient, flexible cleaning – easily schedule the SmartClean to clean while you’re away or when it’s convenient
- Automatically docks and recharges. Cliff detection avoids stairs and other drop-offs
Bissel 1974 SmartClean Quick Review:
Bissell is one of the oldest, most trusted names in vacuum cleaners. They’ve decided to get into the robot vacuum game. Bissell didn’t disappoint with their SmartClean unit either. The 1974 SmartClean is every bit as good as more expensive competitors and has a cool, sleek look. It has a triple-action cleaning system similar to the Roomba which penetrates, sweeps, and sucks for a deep clean. This one does a great job getting into corners with dual spinning edge brushes that stick out of the vacuum for better reach. One neat feature is invisible wall technology. You can put up invisible walls telling the SmartClean to stay out of rooms where you don’t want it to go. If you want an old, trusted name for your robot vacuum, this Bissell is a fantastic option.
5. bObi Classic
- Simultaneously sweeps, vacuums, mops, UV sterilizes, and HEPA filtrates
- Washable, fully submergible dustbin
- Simple touchscreen buttons: GO!, JUICE, and WAFFLE
- Set a personalized cleaning schedule on her included remote
- Quiet and pet-friendly
bObi Classic Quick Review
The bObi Classic is as quirky as its funny name suggests. It takes sanitation to the next level. On top of sweeping and sucking dirt and debris, it UV sterilizes and HEPA filtrates. It has a small touchscreen on top with three buttons you might find confusing at first; GO!, JUICE, and WAFFLE. What does that mean? “GO!” does just that – it makes the vacuum go and vacuum automatically. “WAFFLE” is for spot cleaning as it “waffles” around one area. “JUICE” just tells it to go plug into its dock for more “juice.” It comes with a birth certificate like it’s a new little member of your family. It comes with a circular remote control for operating and scheduling. One really nice feature is the fully submergible, washable dustbin so it’s easy to clean and it doesn’t get gross. If you want a robotic vacuum with some fun character, check out the bObi Classic.
6. Ecovacs Deebot N78
- Tangle-free, powerful suction picks up hair, debris and dirt easily and efficiently. Perfect for households with pets. Long lasting battery provides up to 110 minutes of cleaning time, giving you more free time to enjoy your day!
- Best for hard floors, brush-less design suction and soft rubber driving wheels protect your wood floor from scratch. Practical top handle for easy movement.
- Multiple cleaning modes (Auto / Spot / Edge) with an optional mopping system so you can sweep and vacuum your floors in a single pass! (With additional wet mop for smaller spaces)
- Smart infrared sensors help automatic vacuum DN78 avoid stairs and furniture as it easily transitions between floor types, climbs inclines and crosses door sills up to 16mm.
- Automatic docking, automatic charging and automatic daily cleaning require little human intervention. (NB: May require intervention if charging dock is in a different room). 1-year manufacturer’s limited warranty on robot, 6-month on battery.
Ecovacs Deebot N78 Quick Review
The ECOVACS DEEBOT N78 is another robot vacuum that’s designed for pet owners. It’s a low-cost solution to pet hair all over the house. It comes with a unique direct suction, tangle-free system that doesn’t get hair tangled up in its mechanism. It has three pretty self-explanatory cleaning modes, Auto, Spot, and Edge. A unique feature of the N78 is the wet mop feature with a water tank. While it can’t do the work of a traditional mop and bucket, it’s a nice addition that can really help especially with spot cleaning. This is a really good robot vacuum for hard floors because of the soft rubber wheels and the brushless design. It boasts a battery life of 110 minutes which is pretty impressive for its price range. The bang for the buck factor is hard to beat on the ECOVACS DEEBOT N78.
7. Eufy RoboVac 11
- Cleans For You: Clean your house with the click of a button. Versatile cleaning modes and the low-profile design facilitates cleaning under tables and chairs along with every nook and cranny.
- High-Capacity Li-ion Battery: Delivers over 1.5 hours of fade-free power for constant, powerful suction.
- 3-Point Cleaning System: Side brushes, a rolling brush and powerful suction ensure a thorough clean.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Recharges automatically.
- What You Get: Eufy RoboVac 11, remote control (requires 2 AAA batteries, not included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, HEPA-style filter, 4 side brushes, welcome guide and our worry-free 12-month warranty.
|$199.99 on Amazon.com|
Eufy RoboVac 11 Quick Review
The Eufy RoboVac 11 is a well-rounded robot vacuum that has all the features most people would want. It has an attractive design, it’s easy to use, and it gets the job done. This one is good at climbing over rugs and floor mouldings. Like many other models, this has a 3-point cleaning system with side brushes, a rolling brush, and strong suction. It comes with a remote control making it easy to operate from anywhere in the room. It has auto, spot, and edge modes like many of its competitors, but it also has a small room mode. This mode is perfect for just that. If you want to use it in a small room it isn’t normally in, small room mode is perfect. This is one of the best robot vacuums in a moderate price range.